The website of Perimeter Church in Johns Creek, GA.
Bringing discipleship back to the local church
A Covenant Christian School
North Atlanta's Premier Summer Day Camp
Resources from Perimeter's lead teacher, Randy Pope
Uniting churches in Atlanta to transform our city
Welcome to Perimeter
We are pleased that you have chosen to visit our web site and we hope you will come and visit us in person as well. As you explore our site you'll notice that we have a lot to offer the families and individuals in our community, including things for children of all ages as well as adults, no matter what their age or stage of life (single, married, divorced, widowed, whatever). Perimeter is a truly a come as you are church. It's a safe place to explore the truths of Christianity and it's a great place to experience growth and community.
Our services feature a blend of traditional hymns with contemporary praise songs, and will often feature drama, personal testimonies, and dance - providing a dynamic and impacting time of worship. We were all created to worship and at Perimeter Church our desire is to help you worship well.
Sunday: 9:00 AM (Sanctuary)
Sunday: 10:45 AM (Sanctuary, Chapel, Hanger)
KidsQuest - Kindergarten-4th GradeSunday: 9:00 & 10:45 AM
Childcare - 0-5 yrs old (Pre-Kindergarten)Sunday: 9:00 & 10:45 AM
Outreach & Volunteer
Reaching the City
Church Planter In Residence Profile
The Church Planter in Residence (CPiR) program at Perimeter Church is designed to give church planters the maximum opportunity to be successful after their two year residency.
While we understand the value of methods and process, we place all of our trust is in the supernatural work of God through the power of the Gospel to create effective ministries. In keeping with this belief, we desire to be wise and faithful “farmers” in the harvest, seeking and discerning the ways of the Lord to give intentional training to potential church planters.
The CPiR program is a two year process.
Year one (typically) is spent “in-house” at Perimeter and consists of two parts –
• Gaining and learning best practices from Perimeter’s 35 years of experience best practices. This is done through training seminars, reading, attendance in staff meetings, etc.
• Learning by doing as an assistant pastor in our Young Adult Ministries.
Year two also has two parts –
• Assisting “in the trenches” with a successful (or succeeding) church planter in our network.
• Selection of the planter’s target area, preparation of a ministry plan and the raising of the necessary funding, so that he is ready to plant his church at the end of his two years of preparation.
Throughout this experience, the planter is coached and supervised by Perimeter’s Director of Church Planting, who will continue as his supervisor until the church plant elects elders.
We seek to take men who have moderate to extended ministry experience and give them specialized equipping, experience and truth in church planting that would not be readily available outside a church such as Perimeter. This is why we do not describe this as an internship, but as a residency.
The following provides a “profile” of a man we would seek to hire as a CPiR:
• Has completed or will soon complete his M.Div. or comparable seminary training.
• Has demonstrated in a ministry context many of the necessary competencies of a church planter – preaching, evangelism, discipleship, leadership, etc. This demonstration may be in its infant form, but truly exists.
• A willingness to be further trained and equipped in ministry in each area mentioned above and others.
• A consistent walk with Christ, healthy marriage and family life (if married), personal integrity and competent relational skills, and an understanding of the Gospel centeredness of “the whole Christian life”, as well as of ministry itself.
• Will be able to pass the PCA Church Planting Assessment Center as “recommended for church planting” or “highly recommended” before his Residency is complete; or who has already been assessed as “recommended” or “provisionally recommended”.
An ideal candidate might have any of the following previous ministry or life experience:
• A man who has campus ministry experience, “world missions” experience or para-church ministry experience, but not local church ministry experience.
• A man who has local church experience, but only with youth or college ministry, not yet having been a leader to and shepherd of adults.
• A man who has been an assistant pastor, but was not adequately mentored in this context to be prepared to church plant.
• A man who has had (1) significant years of experience in “the market place” (or education, government, healthcare, etc), (2) experience as an officer of a local church and “volunteer” shepherd, and (3) has perhaps even enjoyed the opportunity of part time ministry experience while in seminary, but who has yet to be given the opportunity to be a “full time staff pastor”.
• A man who has been in full time pastoral ministry, has yearned for a more “progressive and innovative” church experience, but - to date- has only “seen ministry” in rather “traditional” church models.
After two short years in residency, the CPiR will be as prepared as a church planter can be. We seek teachable men who know the degree of difficulty of church planting, but who, nonetheless, feel called to do so. They put their faith in the Lord while sharpening the sickle and plow. And with passion will evangelize, disciple, equip, teach, preach and serve according to the power of the Gospel.