Perimeter's Worship & Arts Residency Program is a two-year program with the intent that after this two-year program the worship leader in training will be prepared and confident in taking on a full time worship leader position. This person will develop worship leading skills through leading and participating in worship across all our venues and taking rotational assignments within our service production area. Additionally, this role will support one of the following worship programs - leading the Junior High students, High School students, or weekly worship for the College Ministry.
Worship & Arts Vision: To make worshipers that are transforming their church, community, and world for Christ.
Resident Key Responsibility
Resident Key Tasks
- Worship Leading and/or Band Member
- Support worship leader in design of a weekly flow of service coordinated with message or theme completed and placed in planning center 2 weeks prior to each service
- Depending on skill support worship leader in scheduling, planning for and leading of band, singers, and congregation as assigned.
- Support worship leader in managing of rehearsals; likely a weekly evening and/or Saturday afternoon rehearsal – through set up and serving of our volunteers
- Play within band/sing as assigned
- Assist in Watershed (HS) and/or Jr High
- Worship team development
- Oversee and coordinate the design and delivery of excellent worship for Watershed (HS), Junior High, or College Ministry which may include leading band and singers in worship each week (college is just through the summer).
- Assist in the development of youth worship teams for Youth ministry weekly programs such as Rush
- Assist Watershed and/or Jr. High worship leader in the development of youth worship teams and artist for Youth ministry weekly programs
Rotation Production Work – e.g. Weekend Graphic Support, Chart Development, Ableton Setup, Stage Setup/teardown, Switching/Video, and lighting.
Assignments in each area will be for the purpose of exposure and understanding of how each are works to make enhance the worship experience:
Example – Weekend Graphic Support:
- Input all songs for all venues into Pro Presenter
- Ensure all speaking content is put into Pro Presenter
- Load all graphic backgrounds into Pro Presenter and align appropriately with song choices
- Run weekend graphics in Hanger or Chapel
- Training on Ableton for running tracks during a worship service
- Training on MainStage
Special Event Support -
- Participation in and support of all special events as assigned (Easter and Christmas season, IMPACT, IF)
Commitment to shadowing and being mentored and coached by Senior Worship Leader(s), Music Director, and Residency Staff
- Participation and attendance in set up and execution of Master classes