Series: Romans VIII: Four Secrets To A Satisfying Life
Sermon: Rest In God’s Security: Part Five
Scripture: Romans 8:31-39 (NASB)
Teacher: Randy Pope
Date: July 5, 2020
Romans 8:31-39 (NASB)
31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?
32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?
33 Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies;
34 who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us.
35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 Just as it is written, “For Your sake we are being put to death all day long; We were considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.
38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
1. If God Be For Us, Who Can Be Against Us? (vs. 31)
2. How Shall God Not, With Christ, Freely Give Us All Things? (vs. 32)
3. Who Will Bring A Charge Against God’s Elect? (vs. 33)
4. Who Is The One Who Condemns? (vs. 34)
5. Who Will Separate Us From The Love Of Christ? (vs. 35-39)
(1) The Love Of Christ Does Not Eliminate Hardship And Suffering.
(2) The Love Of Christ Is Seen In His Use Of These Hard Things To Make Us Super-conquerors.