The website of Perimeter Church in Johns Creek, GA.
Bringing discipleship back to the local church
A Covenant Christian School
North Atlanta's Premier Summer Day Camp
Resources from Perimeter's lead teacher, Randy Pope
Uniting churches in Atlanta to transform our city
Welcome to Perimeter
We are pleased that you have chosen to visit our web site and we hope you will come and visit us in person as well. As you explore our site you'll notice that we have a lot to offer the families and individuals in our community, including things for children of all ages as well as adults, no matter what their age or stage of life (single, married, divorced, widowed, whatever). Perimeter is a truly a come as you are church. It's a safe place to explore the truths of Christianity and it's a great place to experience growth and community.
Our services feature a blend of traditional hymns with contemporary praise songs, and will often feature drama, personal testimonies, and dance - providing a dynamic and impacting time of worship. We were all created to worship and at Perimeter Church our desire is to help you worship well.
Saturday: 5:00 PM (Hanger)
Sunday: 9:00 AM (Sanctuary)
Sunday: 10:45 AM (Sanctuary, Chapel, Hanger)
KidsQuest - Kindergarten-4th GradeSunday: 9:00 & 10:45 AM
Childcare - 0-5 yrs old (Pre-Kindergarten)Saturday: 5:00 PMSunday: 9:00 & 10:45 AM
Becoming a Member
During your membership appointment, the elders will ask you to sign two forms, the Membership Covenant and the Spiritual Care Process form. Below, you'll find copies of both of these documents (just click on the appropriate tab). Please review these prior to your meeting with the elders.During your membership appointment, the elders will ask you to sign two forms, the Membership Covenant and the Spiritual Care Process form. Below, you'll find copies of both of these documents (just click on the appropriate tab). Please review these prior to your meeting with the elders.
Our hope is to shepherd members to become mature and equipped followers of Christ who are deployed for the sake of transforming their relationship through the power of the Gospel where they live, work and play. We know that we live in a fallen world, and as believers we still struggle with sin and may be unaware of the sin in our lives. The great news is that we are not without hope. Christ has given us shepherds through His Church to help us grow through our struggles. Sometimes we may find ourselves in conflict, even between members. During these times we may need the help of the Church to resolve the issue(s). For times when we may be exhibiting the fruit of unrepentant sin in our lives, we may need to be lovingly made aware of our blindness to sin. In order to promote the peace and purity within the Church, the Session of Perimeter has approved a process through which we can assist members in resolving these issues. The basic plan is:
1. We encourage members to overlook any offenses and forgive as we have been forgiven. We also encourage members to see how they might have offended or hurt someone in this situation.
2. When an offense cannot be overlooked, the member should approach the offender and bring it to his or her attention.
3. If reconciliation and understanding do not result from this personal meeting, we encourage the offended party to enlist the help of a close brother or sister in Christ and attempt to work through the conflict with the other party.
4. If attempts to work out the conflict fail, the parties should contact the Shepherding Department for help, mediation and spiritual care.
5. The Shepherding Department will assess the situation, and if needed, assign a Spiritual Care Team (SCT), consisting of Elders and other leaders, to come along side those in conflict. The SCT will not side with one party or the other, but it will help both parties to identify sin, confess and pray for true repentance and reconciliation by the power of the Spirit.
6. If one or both parties are not willing to reconcile, the SCT may transition the conflict, under the direction of the Session of Perimeter Church, to a church discipline case with the hope of restoration and reconciliation through the use of church censures. These censures can include suspension from the Lord's Table, and as a last resort, ex-communication. Both of these censures are used as an act of love and with the hope of restoration as commanded by the Lord.
All members are urged to commit and work towards peace and purity in the church. They are also asked to agree to the spiritual care process the Session has approved, if needed. Further, members are encouraged to use discretion in sharing about conflicts, keeping communication to the minimum number of people who need to know.
Being convinced that I have been spiritually born into a relationship with God by means of faith in Jesus Christ and repentance from sin and being in agreement with Perimeter's philosophy, beliefs and standards, I feel led by God to become part of the Perimeter family. I hereby place myself under the spiritual leadership of this church. In doing so I am saying the following:
I understand that the above standards cannot be maintained without relying on the Holy Spirit to work in my life and without specific commitments on my part. Having completed the Membership Class, I agree with the Philosophy, Beliefs and Standards of Church Membership and do set the following as goals toward which I will strive:
In order to live as a follower of Christ I will strive:
In order to protect the peace and purity of my church I will strive:
In order to support the worship and work of my church I will strive:
to glorify God by:
to grow in my faith by:
to give myself away by: